Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Plus One



I almost gagged when my sister asked me who I’m bringing on her wedding in January, and while it was never a tradition to bring a plus one at any occasion, she and my eldest have theirs since forever.

Come to think of it, I’ve never RSPVed with a plus one to anything, I always bring myself and my cringe worthy awkwardness. That reminds me, last week, one of my closest friends asked me to come to her wedding too and she specifically asked me to tag someone along with me- a mandatory request, to which I cannot promise to deliver.

My aunt is more eager to have my sister be wed, she actually volunteered to do all the preparations because my sister is doing her residency while I am tasked to do the invitation and souvenirs.

Anyway, a plus one! I know I can just swing it and be there by myself but sometimes, it feels whimsical to actually think of being there with someone and share the romance in the air. They say weddings are the perfect occasion to debut a partner or meet new people, a lot of my friends have met and fell in love in weddings- romantic, cheesy and a total faux pas.

I can imagine it now how my relatives would ask me why I'm still single or how they will insinuate that there is something wrong with me or maybe it’s just that I'm not meant for someone, I can see my aunt grilling me to meet one of her nieces, and if my dear aunt is reading this, trust me, tita, that ship will not sail.

I know I shouldn’t be making this all about me, after all, it is my sister’s wedding, not mine. So, anyone for a plus one?

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. hello citybuoy! long time! kumusta ka? i have nothing better to do eh so i figured, why not write again? šŸ˜‚

      Delete
    2. It has been a while! And yeah, no complaints here. Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts