Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

The Meet-cute



I was sitting at my favorite spot at a coffee shop in Trinoma, my laptop plugged on the outlet and this round thing they handed me for my order started to light up. I stood up, took my phone, left my things, and went to get my hot coffee.  When I came back, there’s someone sitting beside my chair. Polo tucked, fitted trousers, leather shoes. You looked at me and you smiled- the kind of smile that makes your eyes disappear, like a Duchenne smile, wrinkling the corners of your eyes while doing this hefty grin. I can never forget that moment.  You were so cute!


I cant help but smile back, my heart started to beat faster, my lips started to reciprocate your grin, finally, I told myself, you are here.


I put my drink on the table and you hurriedly embrace me, I was taken aback, Oh God! how can I be so lucky? I can smell the fragrance of the perfume that you’re wearing, blending perfectly with your light. “sorry medyo traffic, kanina ka pa?” you asked, I nodded faintly without me even thinking then I just blurt it out, “ namiss kita”


 Your eyes grew and you started to slowly bite your lower lip as you stare at me, then you whispered, “ mas na miss kita” Then you stood up, you asked me if I want anything else- a cake or a sandwich, but I shook my head and told you “no thanks,  I’m good” because I really am, now that you’re here.






Comments

Popular Posts