Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

I'm Here for You


With the recent events in social media, I realized that suicide is not just an afterthought but a chronic contemplation on self-worth, life meaning, love, legacy, and value. We do not realize the importance of life until we are tested to see it in the worst perspective and in a place of worthlessness regardless of how much material possessions we have.

Many times we value achievements more than the person behind it and we subjectively view life based on what is sufficient for our satisfaction, that is why in moments of unmet expectations, it is easy to give everything up because we are so consumed of how the society will look at us.

Our value does not depreciate in times of failure, and as a matter of fact, failure can be an enlightenment of how much we are loved- it can show us that despite the fall, there will always be friends, family, and faith willing to lift us up if we let them. Closing ourselves to the world is not the answer- talk to someone and seek help, there will always be a person waiting for us to open up and willing to listen, and when all else fails, always remember this, with every fiber of my being, this is my testament, GOD WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU, NOR FORSAKE YOU.

Comments

  1. What a timely reminder, Ken. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts