Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

The Kind of Love You Deserve

The kind of love you deserve is the love that fits. A love not hardened by pain, but a love that is molded by experience. You deserve a love that is mature and understanding, a love that knows the boundaries of independence yet considers the necessity of an embrace. You deserve a love that is there for you, a love that doesn't leave when the going gets tough, a love amalgamated by trust and security. You deserve a love that shows your worth and not questions it.

You deserve a love that is consistent, not transient- a love that is honest and tender, a love that makes you feel inspired and lifted.

The love you deserve will not feel forced, nor will it choke you to be the person you are not.  You deserve a love that is considerate of your needs yet makes you kind and humble. You deserve a love that is not for show, a love that is not bound to any superficiality and publicity, a love that is easy, light and above all, a love that makes you happy.

Darling, if you feel a love that makes you question its existence the morning after or a love that feels like a punch in the gut rather than butterflies in your stomach, that is not the love you deserve.

So darling, be patient with yourself, the right person will come at the right time in the right place, and if he is there, he will stare you in the eyes and you will feel all the pain you felt before melt away.  Because darling, the love you deserve is worth the wait.

Comments

Popular Posts