Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

A Take on Fast Food Fiction

This is inspired by a book called Fast food fiction, Short  Short Stories To Go edited by Noelle Q. de Jesus


CBTL 2017

He stared at him from far away, squinting his eyes trying to figure out the silhouette so familiar. Slowly as he approaches, the beam of smile settles in his face.  His eyes glimmer with immense enthusiasm. At last, he sighed at the back of his mind. He hugged him, a familiar scent that lingers, a reminder of the future he is ever so lucky and undeservingly acquired. For years, he’s finally here, his answered prayer.

Have you eaten? he asked as he tries to subtly hide his joy while reaching for his hand. I have something to tell you, his deep voice sounded serious, as if a lump of guilt is accumulating on his throat. He hastily let go of his hand, trying to shy away from his suspicious stare. He should have known, he is blessed with so much but he can never have it all.

Say it to me straight, he said, as he gasped for air- heart pounding ever so fast. Should I be worried? he asked.

I cannot do this anymore, I tried my best but I know that if this goes longer, it would hurt you more.

He felt blank, his hands, paralyzed, his heart pounded fast yet felt like it stopped beating. He can feel his blood going down to his feet. He wanted to faint, he wanted to run, he wanted to shout, but he just smiled.

I understand I wouldn’t take much of your time anymore, I wish the best for you, may you have a wonderful life ahead of you. Then he walked away, trying so hard to stop his tears from falling. He didn’t wait for him to explain, he didn’t have to. There was nothing he could have done. He knows that it’s useless to fight for it because he had made up his mind.

He knew he never deserved to be happy.

Yet he thought fate is forgiving.

He was wrong.


Comments

Popular Posts