Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Somewhere along the song



I promised myself that I will try to write every day for the rest of December. I made it up just now, so yesterday is not counted.

While I was at the gym, I was chatting with my friend on messenger. I told him about the new Ariana Grande song, Thank you, next. I wasn’t really thrilled with the song until I’ve watched the music video. It was nostalgic and cute, but what really made it special was the lyrics.

Ari sang about the lessons she learned from her past relationships and how she is thankful for everyone who got involved with her.

It made me realize that all people we meet have lessons that come with them, and sometimes, the lessons are meant to be learned the hard and painful way. I remember a line from a song “ what if your healing comes through tears”  and it resurrected a lot of emotions I swiftly swept under the rug because they are too painful to deal with. But true bravery comes from facing your truth and dealing with emotions that need to be earnestly felt.

people and lessons will come and conquer us, until such time that we have to learn the last one.

And perhaps, that person, the one who will make us realize that everything is meant to occur and everything is in its right place is also the person who will make us learn that it's time to give in, because that person will teach us that the real one, the last one, and the one meant for us... stays.


Comments

Popular Posts