Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

The Gender of Love

I do not condemn people for not being in favor of our kind of love, It's their own belief, and it's their prerogative. All I can do is share what it feels to be in the spectrum where love is not entirely different from theirs but totally different too. It's confusing, I know.

Several ideas come to mind when people ask me about relationships.  A lot are curious about the physical intimacy, and the "role play" of who's the girl or the boy in a relationship, but what they rarely ask is how it feels  to be loved, maybe because that question is so universal and so easy to understand that no gender is entirely unaware of the answer.

Love is knowing your partner's faults and being accepting of it, it's embracing his character, good and bad, with all hopes of becoming an instrument to be a part of his betterment.  What I learned from my past is that love is something you cannot force, but it's something you receive freely- and give freely, It's like playing lottery knowing full well that you have millions of chances of failure than success yet still take the heart to try.

So whenever someone asks me who's the boy or the girl, i smile and I say I do not know.  At least on my end, I know that I can be sweet, caring, and needy at times but I can also provide love, care and I will always, always be there for my partner.  If that means being the thoughtful one who sends long messages and good morning texts make me the girl or being the  firm, and the temperate one makes me the boy, it doesn't really matter, because what I know is that love is love, beyond definition, beyond label, beyond role, love is universal.

Comments

Popular Posts