Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Letting Go

Letting go means leaving the part of yourself that once had a moment with the memory you are leaving.- It’s moving forward and not looking back, it’s choosing your healing- a bitter pill you had to swallow.  Letting go means freeing your heart with the baggage of the past, opening your heart for its exit- and maybe for something else’s arrival. Letting go means prioritizing yourself; making yourself the core of importance-and don’t you ever think it’s selfish to do so.  Letting go means giving in to what scares you, you’ve been so used to the darkness that you have feared the light. But my dear, what you thought was the end, has always, always been a new beginning. So let go, and feel the heaviness leave your soul, HE is lifting you.

Comments

Popular Posts