Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Carry Yourself Forward

Self-pity is such a lonely world to live in, you should not recount your misery daily; instead, you must encourage yourself to count your blessings. Maybe someone left you without closure, you failed an exam, or you lost something you hold dear to your heart. You are now left with a void, a deep excavation waiting to be filled again.

Maybe it’s time to realize that you should not search for someone to fill your void. Maybe its time to see that this empty space is yours to fill alone, to discover that what lies underneath has a potential to overflow once you explore, hone and appreciate it.

Maybe it’s time to realize that pain is only painful if we give attention to it. That every nerve in our being can be taught to limit the sensation- that we can choose to acknowledge or deny ourselves of that burden of hurting.

It’s painful, sad, and drowning to feel alone sometimes, so it is essential to recognize these feelings, but it’s also important not to give in to them. When we are allowed to discern what’s wrong, that gift should enable us to think a few steps ahead of the misery that we might head into. So recognize your pain, but do not give in to it. You can always do something about it, it may not be direct action against what makes us wounded, but at least, it can be mitigation- and even a strength to pull us up when the burden of life seems to be pushing us down.

So do not enable your mind to bicker, take a deep breath, and appreciate the things that surround you. They are there for a reason, and so are you.

Comments

Popular Posts