Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Sixth of Many: One for the Road

Ever since i was in high school, it's been my dream to give a commencement speech. Still, since i was not an achiever during the day, i sat back while my classmate delivered his valedictory remarks about his tribulations. Now that i have been on stage for quite some time- hosting school events and giving seminars and closing remarks for more than a handful of times- sometimes impromptu, i decided to write something worth sharing, or at least, something that i really mean for those whose journeys are yet to start.


There are three takeaways that I want to leave you, imagine this as my pabaon. As you go along with your journey, as you ride the bus of challenges through your path, when you feel hungry or thirsty or anxious because of the rough road and steep climb, I want you to pull this from the take-out bag you are to bring home today. 

When you feel like you are famished for self-worth, validation, and for recognition, remember that I have packed a hefty serving of self-love for you. Take it in small bites, savor it, until that pang of hunger be relinquished with the assurance that you are always enough- that you have everything that you need, and that whatever you have yet to achieve will come to you when your heart is ready.  

When you feel like your throat is aching because it’s parched for purpose, i have placed a bottle of tenacity along with a cup made of determination to quench your thirst and fill you up with the trust that you are here for a reason, and that it will manifest at the right time.  

As you travel far, when the road gets steep and rocky, when you feel the humps of the journey painful and burdensome to your heart, when the ride becomes cold and uncomfortable to your back, pull out the blanket of faith that I placed underneath the hefty serving of self-love, the bottle of tenacity and the cup made of determination. Wrap it around yourself, let it embrace you, and give you warmth and know that God is driving your journey and that while these bumps and cracks feel challenging at times, all will be well because He is always with you. He will take care of you as long as you stay on this ride with him. Enjoy your journey and appreciate the view because this is the most magnificent ride of your life.

Comments

Popular Posts