Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Lockdown Journal No. 7 April 25, 2020


I was feeling nostalgic about my childhood because a picture from the 90s popped up on the fb memory lane and it was a group photo of me and my siblings eating together during a pool party in Laguna. Who would have thought that this day would come when we can only reminisce about the good old days? Ahhh… ignorance is bliss 

I’ve been reading this book, 31 days to God, and it says there that everything is a plan well laid, no matter how dubious and illogical things become, like having a disease, being born with a congenital defect, being in a car crash, everything is a provision from God, and as to its explanation, no one can really comprehend why, but God alone. It’s not to say that we cannot ask Him why things are happening, but it dire times when our faith and strength are being tested, all we really need to do is to offer all our faculties to Him wholeheartedly and allow Him to guide us. So for today, I would to be grateful for the blessings that I am still receiving even though the world is shattering, I know I am still graced. 

1. I am grateful for the abundance of food in our home because we still get to choose which viand we want to eat.
2. I am grateful for having biscuit with me because she keeps me company and she makes me feel loved.
3. I am grateful for my family and that no one has been sick ever since the pandemic started.
4. I am grateful to have a comfortable space at home to do mundane things that others may not even have as an option.
5. I am grateful that I can still function well, that I am supplied with everything that I need and that I have the luxury to just stay at home.
6. I am grateful for the plants I tend everyday, to see them grow and to give me something to look forward to everyday
7. I am grateful for my friends whom I talk to virtually, because no matter how physically apart we are, we still maintain a great connection.
8. I am grateful for the comfortable bed I sleep in every night or whenever I want to take a slumber.
9. I am grateful for the good supply of electricity and water.
10. I am grateful that despite the worldwide catastrophe, I am still here, protected, cared for and loved.

It’s always a good time to check our privileges, and it’s always a good time to be thankful, just like what they say, if the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.

Comments

Popular Posts