Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Lockdown Journal Entry # 1 April 13, 2020


I woke up at around 10 am, I thought it was just 6am because I rolled my blinds and the darkness seemed to cover the room like it’s still night time. Well, I only woke up because my dog wanted to get out of the room, I remember turning the aircon off at around 5 am and going back to bed with just the electric fan on level 2. Anyway, I went to the dining room and got myself a freshly brewed cup of coffee, put a tablespoon of creamer and three sachets of equal. I spent a few minutes trying to find updates regarding the coronavirus but to no avail, I can’t find anything that I haven’t watched yet, so I decided to clean the dining room right after I water my plants. Fortunately, it rained so I didn’t have to water the plants. I’ve been feeling a little bit OC with the supplies that we have so I arranged all the noodles, condiments, canned goods, milk, and all the stuff, I even tallied and made an inventory on excel. Who would have thought we have supplies that will last us until, well, in my opinion, three more months, depending on if they will not be picky enough to eat spicy sardines with the prominent boxer on the sticker.


 This quarantine has messed with everything that I planned and I guess with everyone's plan as well. I could rant all day about its inconvenience but I’ve decided to turn on a new leaf. I think we owe it to ourselves to adapt to this new environment and acclimatize like a goldfish in a new aquarium. I am stretching this optimism to think that everything happens for a reason, but I guess I'm not yet there. Although, I am grateful to have everything that I need and I have my family with me. To be honest, this quarantine experience, being at home all the time and spending my day locked in my room is not so new to me, it’s just that I feel like I lost an option to go out just in case my feet would itch to go to the mall or elsewhere. I am grateful that my being an introvert has its perks in times like this.


A few weeks ago, I would go about arguing with my friends with the government's actions and all that, but it gets tiring as the days go by, it’s the new normal, and after watching a dozen of zombie apocalypse movies that parallel what’s been happening right now, I have concluded to a certainty that life will not be the same as before, although for sure, the virus will not make the people want to eat brains or be monsters.

There were moments a few weeks ago that really tested my faith and questioned my belief in God, I even went on asking if this is my life’s version of Noah’s arc, but that would be unfair being that I don’t have a partner so I would ultimately be excluded in a zing. As I make amends with what I felt last week, I asked God to give me something to hold on to, or at least to look forward to in the days to come, and well, God must have good humor that day because I was asked for dates, as in plural, dates! like five people wanted to have a date with me after the quarantine, most of them I might have said yes just for camaraderie, but I might not push through, anyway, that’s for another day’s story. My biggest take away with this quarantine is that, if you will look into the roster of the important things in your life, you really only need a handful to be okay. Sure, money can buy happiness, but it cannot buy contentment, and the rarest things in the world are often always a hand’s reach if you have the heart for what is truly and remarkably important. For me, that is good health, family and close friends, my baby dog and of course pancit canton, or maybe not so much the pancit canton, but yeah, isama na natin, yung original lucky me :)

Comments

Popular Posts