Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Lockdown Journal No. 9 April 27, 2020


My sleeping habit was hacked into a turmoil ever since the pandemic started, I usually sleep early because my work begins at around 7 am everyday, but since I am not doing any work now, I have the luxury to spend more time binge watching koreanoevelas, BLs and youtube videos to pass the time. At the moment, I am particularly fond of watching 2gether and ASMR Korean minimalist vlogs.

I also started a venture outside my comfort zone. My best friend and I decided to learn about insurance and we tried to attend an online webinar about it. My brother in law is a manager of one insurance company and so we asked a few things about this venture. Actually, I’ve been putting it off for a while, I just don’t have the drive to do anything but watch from my phone, so I guess this can be a great opportunity to learn something worthwhile.

I’ve been thinking about my dream last night. I am cleaning an empty swimming pool and trying to change the tiles to make it more appealing for my liking. When I woke up this morning, I searched for the meaning of my dream, because, as dubious as it may sound, I really believe that dreams often tap into our inner desires and emotion and represents an interpretation. And so my quest to find meaning into this swimming pool project lead me to this article I found on the internet “ This dream scene represents maturity. It indicates that the dreamer finally understood something very important and stopped being superficial.” 

I hope to find a more elaborate meaning to this dream, or perhaps a continuation of it tonight. 

I am still plagues with bouts of intermittent clouds of sadness, usually after the kick of caffeine subsides. I start to feel lethargic and my heart starts to beat fast, as if something bad is going to happen. When these happen, I pray and try to find answers from my devotion. I also find myself being obsessed with cleaning our utensils profusely, I even remove the tar that accumulated at the bottom of the pans. I hope this is just an influence of the ASMR minimalism videos and I hope this is something I have to be worried about. I realize to a certainty that I am a minimalist myself- borderline OC, and it really goes to my favor because my place is neat and tidy.

Nothing much happened today though, other than discovering that taking a bath right before doing anything is a good habit, frying rice with eggs mixed together is not a good idea and gardening really pays off when there’s new bloom, this day is just meh.

I was almost successful with the to do list I wrote last night, but because I studied for a long time and procrastinate for while, I failed to finish everything, I actually left one tiny bit of activity, surprise surprise, it’s exercise. Maybe tomorrow. 

PS: i will not proof read this post anymore. i'm sleepy.

Comments

Popular Posts