Skip to main content

Featured

Past and Peace

  It was the closure I never knew I needed, it came in a dream, and I woke up with the vividness still lingering in my mind. All the hurt deeply rooted in the unspoken pain I ignored for years was given a much-welcomed atonement. He came to me in a dream, we were both surprised to see each other, and I felt the emotions I once felt for him; the moment I saw him from afar; my heart raced with excitement and gladness, a moment where I thought I belonged to someone, I am his, he was mine, and everything around us went a blur. I would like to believe that the dream is the unspoken apology- my heart sought healing for a while until it numbed from waiting until I forgot that there was a wound that scarred my capacity to open myself to anyone again.   In that dream, the flashback came like a flood seeping through every crevice of the past we once shared; his smile brightened up the room, and I was reminded of how much I know him- and how much I don’t, and how much I wished everything didn’t e

Eighth of Many: Perspective



Have you thought about giving up on something because it doesn’t serve its purpose anymore, or maybe, it doesn’t add value to your life anymore- remember how you Marie Kondo-ed it, you thanked it and gave it away so that others who may need it will be able to appreciate its value?

I guess it’s true about people too, perhaps, we were given up by someone we loved because our purpose in their lives is already fulfilled, we were just the lesson they needed to learn and then they have to let us go so that someone who truly deserves us will finally be able to have us. 

The moment of leaving is a painful abandonment, sometimes we measure our worth by the people who leave us, are we not good enough? Or simply, are we not enough? But in that clouded moment of self-measurement, we forget that to be given away is to reclaim the freedom we once anchored ourselves to on the person we handed ourselves with. We can now sail to a different place without the weight of the past, we can navigate a different perspective, unchartered and unknown- like a new adventure awaits. But this time, we are able to map out through our experiences those paths we will never cross again. It gives us a better judgment on where to maneuver our lives to find a better sanctuary, so that, finally when the fated moment arrives, we can safely hand our anchor to that person whom our hearts will call home. 


Comments

Popular Posts